Brighton, East Sussex
£400.00 - £425.00 per day
20 days ago
3 - 6 months
Hays Senior Finance
Interim Chief Accountant, Nr Brighton
Your new company
You will work closely with the Deputy CFO on the production of financial accounts.
Your new role
You will be a committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic finance professional providing support to the Deputy Chief Finance Officer in the provision of a wide range of financial activities, including:
- Project lead for the closure of accounts,
- Advising and managing the Council's capital programme strategies and financing,
- Ensuring strong financial governance,
- Monitoring of business rates income and collection fund accounting.
- You will also oversee the day to day activities of the technical accounting team:
- Financial system; and
- Treasury management
You will also be supported to lead various transformation projects and initiatives to ensure the continuous improvement of the service.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be either a Qualified by Experience or Qualified ACCA, CIPFA, ACA, or CIMA accountant ideally with extensive experience gained from Public Sector. You will have strong management and financial accounting skills with the ability to explain financial information to various stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this. job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.