Certificate Level Law Examiner
|Job Title:||Certificate Level Law Examiner|
|Salary:||Fees are fixed and paid quarterly.|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Bellfield|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2021 16:02|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Certificate Level Law team as an Examiner, within the ACA qualification.
Examiners work according to guidelines set by ICAEW. Main responsibilities are to:
- work with the Moderator to ensure the maintenance of a bank of questions which meet the requirements of the examination process and which are consistent with the syllabus.
- agree to prepare or commission new questions, as required.
- ensure that questions are tested and reviewed.
- edit and check all questions and answers carefully and be responsible for their accuracy at each stage with the Moderator.
- discuss the profile of marks awarded for each question with the Moderator.
- assist the Moderator in reviewing question and test statistics and bank content regularly to ensure that the bank is of sufficient size and quality so as to provide varied and reliable tests which cover the syllabus at the correct level.
- review regularly the relevant sections of the published syllabus informing Assessment staff of any changes in standards or in other areas.
- ensure all questions are in line with the published learning materials.
- be prepared to attend occasional assessment meetings, as appropriate.
- agree responses to candidate queries on tests and questions with the moderator to be sent to the Assessment team.
- notify the Assessment team of changes in working situation and of periods of absence.
ICAEW Examiners are experts in their subject area, drawing from commercial and/or academic experience and applying this within an assessment framework. You may be changing career path, looking for additional work to expand your portfolio, or already be working as a freelancer in the professional qualifications space. You’ll likely have recent experience of teaching, setting or marking professional accountancy examinations, usually in the subject area for which you are applying. ICAEW membership is desirable, and membership of at least one relevant professional body is essential.
Applicants for the post will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism in Law together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work collaboratively with senior moderators and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students at the relevant level, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid quarterly. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Apply by 1st April 2021. Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams on or around 28th Apri 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's