|Job Title:||Case Reviewer|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||December 15, 2020 14:36|
More information about the team can be found in the FRC videos here.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing detailed technical and analytical reviews of a high volume of companies’ annual reports and accounts for compliance with IFRS and relevant requirements of the Companies Act, 2006
- Identifying with a high degree of accuracy substantive points of possible material non-compliance with IFRS and relevant reporting requirements
- Providing reliably high quality commentary to guide case officers in identifying areas of focus for CRR’s correspondence with companies on potential areas of material non-compliance
There may also be the opportunity to get involved as a technical expert in other work within the CRR team, for example, CRR technical projects.
Candidates must be fully qualified members of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or CAI (or equivalents) and have:
- Significant experience of performing technical accounting reviews of UK listed company financial statements
- Excellent knowledge of corporate reporting requirements and best practice
- The ability to apply good judgement and proportionality in assessing technical accounting matters
- The ability to accurately perform a high volume of technical reviews to agreed turnaround times, identifying potential areas of non-compliance based on significant prior experience of performing technical reviews
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment and regulatory framework within which the FRC operates
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent research and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- Values in Practice Scheme, rewarding performance against our values and behaviours.
- The FRC offers staff the opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- The FRC has a strong work/life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Complete the Diversity Form here
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at email@example.com. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Note to agencies:
FRC has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates and only engages with agencies who are on our preferred supplier list to support us in sourcing quality candidates. We do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies that are not on our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CVs which are submitted without FRC instruction will be deleted and will not considered as an introduction.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's