|Job Title:||Case Director|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 14:16|
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
Corporate Reporting Review is within FRC Supervision. It is responsible for monitoring financial information provided by companies for compliance with relevant reporting requirements. It enquires into apparent departures through correspondence and face-to-face meetings with company Chairs, directors and senior officers.
The role involves ….
- Developing, managing and monitoring the interaction with the CRR Committee members
- Providing technical and developmental support to the CRR Team as a whole
- Developing and implementing CRR strategy and policy including responses to legislative and regulatory changes within the UK and the EU
- Directing the planning and management of CRR operations, including technical and other training
- Overseeing and managing key external and internal relationships;
- Objective setting, performance reviews and leading staff development for a number of CRR Case Officers
- Providing managerial support to the Director and Technical Director, CRR
Candidates must be fully qualified members of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or CAI (or equivalent) with significant post qualification experience of applying IFRS at Senior Manager level in a major firm or corporate. The ideal candidate will:
- Have detailed knowledge, understanding and experience of legislative and other regulatory requirements relating to corporate reporting
- Have proven strong technical accounting knowledge and analytical ability
- Be comfortable with making judgements in complex matters, where there are few (or no) precedents, and with the experience necessary to know when to consult
- Excellent drafting and communication skills appropriate to a high profile management role.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at email@example.com. In the covering letter, please.set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Corporate Finance Director
£Competitive plus Excellent Benefits
M&A Tax Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£68000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Executive Director Finance
Tax Director or Manager