|Job Title:||Capital Manager|
|Salary:||55000 - 70000|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Atkinson|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2020 19:07|
Effectively manage capital and liquidity of each entity such that key stakeholders have assurance that legal entities are financially secure and that AI can continue to service and support policyholders. Implement and manage corporate balance sheet investments to generate investment returns thereby driving profitability in the business and also demonstrating commitment to new AI funds. Deliver high quality capital reporting and MI to legal entity boards with a view to enabling management to make informed decisions around capital. Manage the global capital and liquidity position of Aviva Investors to ensure that no breaches occur thereby improving the relationship with the regulator. Actively and efficiently manage capital with the goal of maximising cash remittances to the Aviva Group. Prepare public disclosures which demonstrate the robustness of the Aviva Investors businesses. Reduce balance sheet risks (such as foreign exchange risk) with a view to reducing losses in the business.
- Tracking day to day activities of the Capital Team, prioritising where required and ensuring timely delivery of BAU and project based tasks.
- Assessing the capital implications of business decisions, fund launches etc..
- Preparing value add capital MI that supports wider Finance analyst pack, forecasting, Business Review Meeting etc.
- Help the team lead to run the end to end Capital Committee process setting the agenda, writing reports, reviewing external inputs and presenting.
- Prepare sections of the ICAAP report (Finance contribution) – covering balance sheet risk sections review and base case.
- Deliver the annual Capital Planning process for all of Aviva Investors legal entities.
- Help the team lead to set the forward-looking strategy for the Capital team including corporate entity balance sheet investment, dividend planning, legal entity rationalisation etc..
- Assisting Risk and FP&A functions with Stress and Scenario Testing (SST), Reverse Stress Testing (RST) and Wind-down.
- Managing overseas relationships, providing SME advice on requirements, capital transactions, business change decisions and review of regular capital and liquidity metrics.
- Support the team lead with new capital transactions (governance, reporting and approval process).
- Periodic review of Capital Team updates to the Aviva Investors Contingency Funding Plan (CFP) and Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
- Support current and future SII reporting requirements in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Drive completion of the relevant SII reporting schedules for all the business areas within Aviva Investors for the quantitative reporting template (“QRT”) forms (solo and group).
- Oversee production and coordination of the annual reports (SFCR/RSR) to ensure narrative reporting requirements are fully met.
- Oversee internal and external audit processes as required.
- Support international teams with Capital reporting and management.
- Exposure to cycle of capital activities & stress testing models.
- Understanding of FCA and PRA regulatory regime and Capital reporting rules.
- Understanding of EU wide and global regulatory capital rules.
- Understanding of liquidity and capital reporting.
- Capital management experience preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable project management skills to ensure all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Experience supporting or mentoring team members preferred but not essential.
- Qualified Accountant.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.