West London, London
£56000 - £60000 per annum + flexible working
15 days ago
Do you want to manage a team in a highly technical and complex area of finance? Do you excel in roles that allow you to get out from behind your desk, being a central figure for the accounting of new property developments? Are you ready to take ownership of the Capital, Component and Development Accounting functions in a growing Housing provider?
Based in West London, this is a thriving residential property developer with properties both inside and outside of the capital. The development pipeline is exciting; pooled resources have led to a reinvigorated approach and the organisation will be growing for some time to come.
The responsibilities of the Capital Accounting Manager will be:
- To take accountability of financial data from the initiation of property development projects through to the provision of a full accounting service throughout the life cycle of multiple schemes
- To be responsible for the transfer of completed projects to the fixed asset register, subsequently taking control of its ongoing maintenance
- To update and maintain the fixed asset register accounting for depreciation, amortisation and disposals
- To liaise closely with Development Scheme Managers, becoming a visible and vocal financial resource and source of information
- To react to information provided by Development Scheme Managers, highlighting the need for accuracy, as well as delivering accurate information that can be relied upon to reflect the state of the fixed asset register
- To lead and manage a small team of part qualified accountants, setting KPIs and providing support to their own professional development.
This organisation is at an exciting stage in its history - the ongoing transformation is offering opportunities for growth and the chance to make tangible change. This role should excite those who wish to apply their knowledge of capital or component accounting in a modern environment that is teeming with ambition.
On offer is an excellent benefits package, with generous annual leave entitlements and the opportunity to work flexibly. With a stable team and a supportive, enthusiastic and good-humoured line manager, this is a role that has plenty of potential for the right candidate.
Please note - prior experience in a similar role is highly desired, though the right candidate may come from an audit background having audited a similar area, and candidates of this profile are highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered, you must be:
- A fully qualified accountant with solid team management experience and strong Excel skills
- Experienced in Capital/Development/Construction/Fixed Asset/Component Accounting, OR be an ex-auditor who has audited similar areas
- A clear communicator who is able to influence and build credibility with stakeholders.
Applications for this role are now under review and the deadline could well be brought forward if the suitable candidate is found. Therefore, do not delay in submitting your application!