£40000 - £45000 per annum
27 days ago
The Capital Accountant will have a broad remit with a list of key accountabilities that range from the preparation of monthly capital reports to providing training where necessary to financial and non-financial staff. The role will be based in the Financial Accounts team of a growing Science and Research organisation.
Based outside Abingdon, my client is a growing organisation at the forefront of nuclear fusion energy research.
The key responsibilities of the Capital Accountant will be:
- Capital budgets and forecasts, including cash and depreciation
- Prepare monthly capital reports, commentary and reconciliations
- Work with project managers to ensure the correct capital work structure is in place
- Own the capital & tax procedure and policy. Provide training where required to financial and non-financial staff
- Provide specialist taxation guidance on direct and indirect tax matters
- Prepare relevant annual returns and reports as well as involvement in the audit process
The successful candidate for the Capital Accountant will be:
- A Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with relevant experience in capital and tax accounting
- Intermediate Excel
- Able to establish strong working relationships internally and externally
- Strong time management skills including the ability to prioritise the workload
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player & under their own initiative
- Able to interpret & present financial information to non-financial stakeholders
My client is offering a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 with a generous benefits scheme.