Business Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Business Tax Manager|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2019 09:45|
Menzies LLP is currently looking for a passionate & talented Tax professional to be our new Business Tax Manager. This is a key position based out of the Leatherhead office in Surrey and forms part of the wider Business Tax service we offer our clients.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to develop relationships, communicate advice and resolve queries.
- Assist colleagues and the senior tax team with more complex enquiries as well as the delivery of advisory projects.
- Provide advice and support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up, including the review of opportunities that may be available for existing clients.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, development of an appropriate referrer base. As part of this the job holder should develop technical/hot topic indicatives that can be delivered to the internal team and also communicated to potential new clients.
- Contribute to effective team working as part of the tax management team, offering brighter thinking ideas and actively contributing to our ideas culture.
- Coach and mentor junior staff in the team in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of their client portfolio in line with KPIs.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required. Opportunities to participate in a range of non-technical projects and initiatives as part of the firm’s growth and marketing strategies.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'values'!
- CTA qualified
- Proven people management skills and experience
- Experience of working with SME clients at a manager level
- Skills and expertise to operate effectively on an advisory level
- International tax experience (not essential)
- Business development experience
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Business Tax Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's