Business Services Senior Accountant
|Job Title:||Business Services Senior Accountant|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 11:11|
A varied Business Services Senior Accountant opportunity with a successful firm in Saxmundham.
Your new company
Our client, a successful East Anglian firm, are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team focused office in Saxmundham.
Your new role
Working as part of the business services team this role will predominantly involve preparing financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, along with corporation and personal tax compliance.
You will be responsible for and have exposure to clients ranging from smaller businesses to groups of companies with turnovers of up to £5m. Their clients operate in a range of industry sectors but are mainly oriented to family owned business, with a slant towards agriculture and contract farming (covering areas anywhere between 100 acres and 3,000 acres). Many of their clients have diversified their income sources, allowing the successful candidate to gain exposure to a number of more complex restructuring, accounting
and tax planning matters.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate:
* Will be ICAEW or ACCA qualified, (or able to demonstrate they are qualified by experience to a comparable standard), with a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use various packages, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel), Sage, Xero and Quickbooks. Prior experience of CCH software would be useful. Experience of Farmplan would be beneficial but is not essential.
* Must have previous (recent) experience within a UK accountancy practice environment managing a client list with frontline contact with clients. Experience of agricultural sector clients would also be advantageous.
* Will have previous involvement in accounts preparation work and tax returns for both unincorporated and corporate clients.
* Will be confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of clients.
* Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify and deal with potential issues.
* Will be competent in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
* Will have a full UK driving licence and access to own transport, with the willingness to travel to clients when necessary.
What you'll get in return
In addition to a competitive salary this business also offer a good benefits package and progression options for the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Services (Assistant) Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum
40000 - 55000
£Competitive package with excellent benefits and continued career progression