Business Services Manager
|Job Title:||Business Services Manager|
|Salary:||30000 - 40000|
|Contact Name:||Jess Powell|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2019 11:55|
As a leading independent Firm of chartered accountants and commercial advisers, we are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our teams. Not only will we give you the support you need to grow your career, but you will have a voice from day one.
MHA Monahans has offices across the South West of England. We work with some of the most exciting and dynamic businesses across a range of sectors, from Rural and Manufacturing, to Academies and Not for Profits. Our diverse sector specialism and broad geographical reach means we have the ability to offer employees a broad range of experience both in the office and at a client's premises. We will give you the opportunity to keep developing and growing your experience.
MHA Monahans is a member of the highly-regarded national association MHA as well as the UK member of Baker Tilly International giving us local knowledge with national and international reach. MHA has eight member firms and over 50 offices nationwide.
We love to help people grow their careers with us. We offer an extensive programme of CPD and soft skills training to all our people, so they can be ready to make the next step.
We are determined that your work life will be a positive experience. You will have a chance to implement positive change throughout the Firm through our various committees and groups. We are committed to supporting our nominated local charities by running fundraising events and numerous food-related activities throughout the year. We also hold regular social club outings as well as Firm-wide events to encourage relationships to be built across all teams and offices.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Accountant to join the team in Swindon and support our Trainees in the Business Services department as well as managing a portfolio of clients.
To lead the local department and assist in the further development of the compliance centre through the day to day management of a comprehensive, client focussed service, supporting the organisation to achieve the goals as laid out in the business plan.
Reports to: Department Manager
Budgets: Personal and department chargeable time budget
Direct Reports: AAT and ACA Trainees
Location: Swindon plus travel to other offices and client premises as required
Role and Responsibilities
- Management of a portfolio of clients, sole traders, partnerships and limited companies dealing with specific queries or problems
- Assisting with project work as required
- Ensuring that appropriate information is fed into the compliance team in a timely manner to ensure that the team’s work can be effectively scheduled allowing the assessment of resources and time requirements, including flexibility to deal with new clients, additional work, or busy periods.
- Delegating client compliance work as appropriate, ensuring that employees have the appropriate skills and knowledge to complete the tasks. Provide guidance and direction as required, holding planning meetings involving all parties as necessary
- Reviewing work carried out discussing any lessons learned/ideas for the future with partner and employee
- Completing more complex accounts work for clients as required by the Client Portfolio Manager, where it is not appropriate for the activities to be completed in the compliance centre
- Ensuring that all budgets and timescales are met by employees and that they consistently provide an acceptable level of service
- Supporting the development of the business by being proactive in identifying opportunities for the provision of additional services
- Providing direction, counselling, coaching, feedback and support to more junior employees
- Where appropriate, reviewing the work carried out by the compliance centre staff, checking this for accuracy, quality and feeding back.
- Providing feedback to partners on team or business activities to ensure that they are fully aware of any issues
Education & Qualifications
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience
Experience & Knowledge
- 5 years’ practice experience, ideally with 5 years PQE
- Wide range of general practice experience for owner managed businesses including personal tax
- Experience of managing a team
Skills & Abilities
- Digital and cloud skills would be an advantage
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Good customer care skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines – planning, diary management, department systems set-up and maintenance
- Excellent influencing skills both on an internal and client-facing basis
Disposition & Attitude
- Positive and outgoing
- Self-sufficient when necessary
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work - not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities
- Tact and diplomacy – able to explain issues to colleagues, partners and clients
- Organised, methodical and detail conscious
- Self-confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement
- Flexibility – able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others
- Discreet and confidential – able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others
- Creative – ideas to assist in meeting client expectations
- Demonstrates personal effectiveness and seeks out development opportunities when appropriate
- Mobility across MHA Monahans offices and client sites
In return, we offer;
- Flexible Benefits Scheme (annual renewal, 12 month contract)
- Buying and selling of holiday days
- Pension contributions via salary exchange
- Free annual flu jabs
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance – 4 x gross annual salary
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Incentive and Recognition Scheme
- Interest-free Staff Loans (parking, etc)
- Job-specific Training and Development
- One annual professional subscription paid by the company
- Regular charity and social events
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses through Haine & Smith or Specsavers
- Annual Pay reviews
- Discounted gym membership
- Progression opportunities
- A friendly and supportive environment
Please note that your application is more likely to be successful if you include a cover note which includes your notice period, salary expectations and relevant experience for the role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Services (Assistant) Manager
Assistant Manager - Business Services
Coventry, West Midlands
£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
Accountant - Business Services
Business services Supervisor - Agriculture
Transaction Services Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £65000.00 per annum