Business Planning/FP&A Manager
|Job Title:||Business Planning/FP&A Manager|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £47500.00 per annum + 15% pension, 38 days holiday|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2020 14:55|
12 month Fixed Term Contract for an FP&A Manager to join an exciting and growing team within the public sector
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading Sheffield based employer who operate within the public sector and financial services sector to recruit into a specialist FP&A team of 5 within a larger finance team.
An organisation who are a leading light in delivering modern working practices, my client embrace flexible working and forward thinking ideas to deliver 'best in industry' service to both external and internal stakeholders.
Your new role
You'll be joining the team at a period of exciting growth. As Business Planning Manager, you'll work with the Business Planning Senior Manager, reporting directly into the FP&A director to ensure the organisation has robust, yet flexible forecasting and modelling structures which will have a direct influence on outcomes at Board and SMT level, alongside additional stakeholders within the organisation.
The FP&A team are one of the most important finance teams within the organisation, and as part of your role, you will deliver on the following:
- Maintain and develop the team's forecasting models with the assistance of the Business Planning Senior Manager
- Coordinate with product teams to understand their modelling and ensure robust processes to incorporate their key assumptions and sensitivities into the forecasting modelling
- Challenge and review product team inputs
- Support the Business Planning Senior Manager in preparing the financial sections of the annual Business Plan and managing the review and support of these sections
- Develop and maintain model standards to ensure models are robust and well documented
- Support the Business Planning Senior Manager in Scenario modelling to support strategic decision making, including the development of business cases and change initiation in liaison with product teams
What you'll need to succeed
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your skills at a high level with exposure to key stakeholders within the organisation. As such, you will need to be highly competent in the following areas:
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Forecasting in a complex and dynamic environment
- Business partnering
Within previous roles, you will have developed good experience in:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Changing and Improving
- Managing budgets and forecasts in the context of Parliamentary and Departmental spending controls would be desirable
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available within this role. The organisation are currently working from home, with some access to offices. They are currently putting in place a formal policy for flexible working arrangements.
Salary of up to £47,500 per annum.
- 15% pension
- 38 days annual leave entitlement (inclusive of bank holiday)
- Flexible working
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Life assurance
- Lifestyle benefits
- Modern, enjoyable working environment
- Supportive & collaborative culture with opportunities to progress
What you need to do now
My client is keen to progress appointment into this position quickly. As such, I strongly encourage you to discuss the role with me at your earliest convenience.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
£40000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits
Finance Business Partner
£49,700 - 56,524 per year + £5,000 accountancy allowance
Business Analyst, Finance (6-month contract)
0 - 0
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum