Business Planning: Banking Examiner
|Job Title:||Business Planning: Banking Examiner|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Paid per examination session|
|Job Published:||April 22, 2020 16:15|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our Professional Level Business Planning: Banking team as a moderator, within the ACA qualification.
Main responsibility of the Moderator is to act as the quality controller for the Business Planning: Banking exam to ensure that the exams are consistent with the syllabus and across exam sittings. This will normally involve:
- meeting with the Examiner(s) at least once during the setting process of each exam
- working the exam and ensure that the questions, suggested answers and mark plan are complete and appropriate
- supporting the examiner in leading the marking sessions; lead the marking session throughout; undertake marking of scripts as appropriate, including in sessions run by other exam team members.
- arranging for a Technical Moderator to work the final draft of the exam
- close involvement in the quality control of the marking process and script reviews
- ensure that ethical issues are covered in relevant modules or exams
- attendance at ICAEW Tutor conference
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- specialism in business planning with an overall knowledge of taxation, banking and insurance
- together with a good overall knowledge of the whole field of accountancy
- team player
- willingness to work with a senior moderator and with ICAEW staff
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- ability to work to strict deadlines
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
- it would be desirable that the applicant is an ICAEW member
Please note that examiners are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for setting questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner
To ExaminerRecruitment@icaew.com by 7th May 2020.
Due to the current circumstances, this interviews may be held via telephone. However normally interviews will be held in either Chartered Accountants Hall, Moorgate, London EC2R 6EA or at Metropolitan House, 321 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes MK9 on or around 19th June 2020
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Professional Level Business Planning Taxation Examiner
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session.
Finance Business Partner
£47k - 49k per year
Finance Business Partner
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Professional Level Audit and Assurance Moderator
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session
Professional Level Financial Accounting and Reporting Moderator