Business Analyst/Finance Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Business Analyst/Finance Business Analyst|
|Salary:||35000 - 46000|
|Contact Name:||Heena Rathod|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2020 14:44|
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
You will be primarily responsible for the financial monitoring of two divisions within the Deals business including preparation of management accounts, annual budgets and business plans and providing financial analytical support to enable those teams to be managed effectively.
The Deals business is focused on supplying advisory services to the mid-market. This market is expected to grow over the next three years with GT’s share also increasing. The Deals business encompasses Corporate Finance Advisory, Transactions Advisory, Business Consulting, Valuations and Restructuring services.
You will report to an experienced Business Partner on the divisions you are responsible for and you will also be expected to provide cross-Deals support as required as well as being the “face” of Deals Finance Business Partners in the London Office. The Business Partnering team numbers about 22 and is geographical spread throughout the UK. Six members of the team are based in the Finsbury Square office.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Business Analyst/Finance Business Analyst role.
Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
Own your own work - Core business processes
- Embed good discipline around core business processes such as timesheets, expenses, portfolio management, business data management, invoicing, bad debts, etc.
- Give attention to Earning Recognition and identify project/work orders set-up incorrectly which you will then resolve on a timely basis
- Highlight non-performing debt and WIP to senior management and assist in its resolution
Supporting core finance processes, including
- Monthly and annual accounts
- Annual budgeting, business planning & rolling forecasting
- Relevance of price lists and the annual recalculation of standard costs
- Finance and business reporting
- Business unit KPI design & implementation
Be a part of a team
- The Business Partnering team numbers about 22 and is geographical spread throughout the UK. Six members of the team are based in the Finsbury Square office.
- Drive financial literacy at an operational level for our people by directing them to the various dashboards and reporting options within Business World.
Build your brand.
- Assist their familiarity of the reporting options by appropriate training and support
The minimum criteria
- Newly qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience in professional services environment
- Strong accounting skill sets including experience of accounts preparation
- Good understanding of income recognition principles
- Strong IT skills including familiarity with Office 365 and in particular with Excel
- Good communication skills including the ability to write clearly and simply
- Comfortable with being part of a geographical dispersed team
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of Business World or predecessor products from Unit 4 such as Agresso
- Previous experience as Finance Business Partner in similar role
- Reporting skills including the use of PowerPoint
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Business Consulting are a truly global team, made up of highly experienced people, with more than half a millennium of experience.
We have grown our practice around the brightest people with varied backgrounds and more than two thirds of our team have held line management roles in industry in European and global businesses. We have successfully completed more than 200 projects across a wide range of sectors and service lines and our team were recently triple award winners at the Management Consultancies Association Awards with “Project of the Year”, “Change Management in the Private Sector” and “People” award.
This is a client facing role, and the successful candidate will be engaged in delivering a positive impact on client-based projects. While you will be based in one of our Grant Thornton offices, significant travel will be required for client-based projects within the UK and overseas. We work across various industries; our clients are varied, and therefore location will vary.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts Senior - Business Services
Dependent on Experience
Senior Business Advisor (Qualified Senior)
Audit Senior - Business Advisory Group
market rate salary
Business Services Manager or Senior Manager
£HighlyCompetitive plus Excellent Benefits
Business Services Manager or Senior Manager
£Competitive plus Excellent Benefits