|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Freddie Boath|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 14:49|
The Bursar role is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished accountant to take ownership of and manage the College Bursary as well as two other finance departments. This role will work closely with the MD and Senior Management Team and have a direct input into the long term strategy of the organisation.
Based in Oxford and established almost 20 years ago by a group of experienced aducationalists my client has developed into one of the most successful colleges in the UK and welcomes students from all over the world.
Their main aim has always been to strive for academic excellence whilst also providing an enjoyable and collective experience for students and staff alike.
As they enter a new and exciting time in the organisations development it is likely that this role will grow and develop around the successful individual.
The Key Responsibilities of the Bursar will be:
- To manage the College Bursary while also managing the finance departments of two smaller entities
- To Prepare budgets and forecasts for all three divisions
- Take a lead on year end audits and liaising with external stakeholders
- Providing end of year financial statements in an accurate and timely manner
- Issuing, managing, tracking and administering sales invoices, payments, staff expenses, petty cash, and bank accounts, using SAGE Accounts
- Making timely tutor and staff payments which differ from month to month, but not operating payroll.
The successful candidate for the Bursar role will:
- Hold a relevant accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to manage and develop members of staff
- Be committed to providing excellent customer service
- Have experience of SAGE 50 (desirable) and Excel as well as good IT skills
- Any experience of working within the education and training sector is desirable
My client is offering up to £55,000 basic salary + Benefits