|Job Title:||Bookkeeper (Part-Time)|
|Salary:||Competitive salary and excellent benefits.|
|Contact Name:||Paola Osorio-Rojas|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 14:16|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We are looking for a Bookkeeper on a Part-Time basis (22.5 hours per week) to join our growing Private Office team based in Borehamwood. You will manage bookkeeping services for a portfolio of clients in an accurate and timely manner. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recording clients’ financial transactions
- Preparing appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Clients and Partners
- Completing and filing VAT returns
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed
- Recording cash receipt and handling bank deposits
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Ensure client assignments are completed in line with all relevant accounting and standards
- Other ad-hoc duties
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
We’ll need you to have a keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Flexibility and adaptability with a true teamwork spirit, effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will also have/be:
- 2-3 years previous professional practice experience in a similar role
- Ideally studying towards a relevant qualification
- Demonstrable experience inputting information into cash flow and budget models in Excel
- Sound experience in production of budget vs. actual reporting
- Solid understanding of accounting software, including proficient knowledge of Xero and Sage Line 50, Caseware
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office suite, especially word, Excel and Outlook
- Good knowledge of VAT law and compliance
- Ability to work unsupervised with good problem-solving skills and sound judgement
- Use of own initiative
- High level of time management skills
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying a high level of ethics, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's