22000 - 25000
about 1 month ago
The SRC-Time team are local experts in all matters Taxation, Corporate Finance and Accounting. Due to success, we have an exciting new opportunity to recruit an experienced Accounts professional to join our forward thinking, customer focused team based in Brighton.
You will undertake a variety of finance duties, incorporating purchase and sales ledger, general ledger accounting as well as analysing a range of financial information. This opportunity would suit a professional and confident individual who is eager to learn and develop within a supportive team environment.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparing year end files for the accountants
- Assisting the Senior Accountants
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and directors.
- Preparation of Trial balance
- Sales/purchase ledger control review
- Bank reconciliation
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Completing VAT returns
- Preparing Management Accounts and supporting schedules
- Dealing with prepayments and accruals
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Being able to communicate at all levels
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience working in an accountancy practice
- Relevant accounting/bookkeeping qualifications or be studying towards this or qualified by experience
- Good working knowledge & experience of Sage & Xero
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work accurately and analyse a range of financial information
- Great work ethic and eye for detail