Big 4 firm Manager role - Audit Regulatory Affairs
|Job Title:||Big 4 firm Manager role - Audit Regulatory Affairs|
|Salary:||£60000 - £62500 per annum + + Cash/Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2021 20:13|
As a Manager in this Big 4 firm's Audit Risk Management team, you will manage risk consultations and approvals for audit engagement team in line with the Firm's policies and procedures.
This Big 4 firm works with small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable.
This is a pivotal role in this Big 4 firm's Audit Risk Management team, supporting a team of senior managers and the Head of Audit Risk Operations in driving a step change in the efficiency and effectiveness of the core operational activities.
The role will support the wider Audit Risk Management team in consultations and queries from engagement teams and a wide range of project initiatives whilst certain responsibilities will be specific to each of the three areas noted above.
Consultations & queries
You will be part of the Audit Risk Operations team, managing risk consultations and approvals for audit engagement team in line with the Firm's policies and procedures.
Projects and change initiatives:
- Provide support to a wide range of projects and change initiatives within and outside of Audit Risk, ranging from process improvement within Audit Risk to supporting Firm-wide change programmes.
Consultations and queries:
- Handle approvals for and consultations with teams in the Audit Capability, applying judgment and making decisions within a framework for approval and escalation
Coaching & mentoring
- Provide coaching and mentoring support for junior members of the Audit Risk Management team.
- Provide support to the Head of Audit Regulatory Affairs and Senior Manager in Audit Regulatory Affairs in managing requests from the regulator and co-ordinating responses internally
- Monitor the register of regulatory commitments to facilitate ownership and accountability of actions across the business
- Support the preparation of monthly updates for key governance bodies.
- Support the co-ordination of briefings for senior partners' attendance at regular FRC meetings
Managing the work of Assistant Managers and administrators across various work-streams and reporting via the Audit Risk leadership team.
- Recognised accountancy qualification, such as ACA or ACCA.
- Experience of managing audit or assurance engagements within a large accountancy practice.
- Awareness of the different types of service delivered out of audit firms and the key differences between financial statement audit and key non-audit services.
- Understanding and documenting policies, processes and controls, identifying weaknesses and making and implementing recommendations.
- Salary up to £62,500 + cash car allowance.
- Working from home is possible, but you will need to travel to London for meetings when required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Manager – Top 20 firm
55000 - 65000 + Benefits
Big 4 - M&A Tax Director
Risk Transformation Manager-Big 4 Consultancy Firm
£69000 - £75000 per annum
Audit Manager/Senior Audit Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£52000.00 - £66000.00 per annum
Dependent on Experience