Become an ICAEW Senior Moderator for Advanced Level
|Job Title:||Become an ICAEW Senior Moderator for Advanced Level|
|Location:||City of London|
|Salary:||Fees are fixed and paid per examination session|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2019 12:39|
ICAEW’s ACA is regarded as the qualification for business leaders and attracts talented students from a variety of backgrounds worldwide. We are currently looking for professionals from a business or academic background to join our team within the ACA qualification.
The Senior Moderator is responsible for the overall integrity of the production and quality assurance of the ACA exams. The Senior Moderator is accountable to ICAEW’s Assessment Committee and chairs the Advanced Examination Meetings (AEMs) and Adoption Boards. The Senior Moderator is required to work closely with the examining teams and senior staff at ICAEW.
Senior Moderator Role Description
- Convene and chair an Advanced Examiner meeting (AEM) and Adoption Board for each exam session.
- Co-ordinate the work of the Advanced Level exam teams, through receipt of all meeting exams and attendance at such meetings if necessary (there is a standing invitation).
- Facilitate and ensure links between Professional and Advanced Level teams.
- Confirm that each assessment is consistent with the agreed quality standards set by the Committee.
- Present the results of the ACA Advanced Level exams to the Assessment Committee
- Recommend to the Assessment Committee how the results of each session should be determined, including:
- reporting on candidates’ performance on individual exams
- recommending the order of merit and prizes
- reporting on the results of the Advanced Level exams as a whole.
- Address issues arising from the setting and marking processes which may be of relevance to the integrity of the assessment as a whole.
- Ensure any issues from results determination are fed back into the setting and marking processes and communicated to all levels, as appropriate.
- Review the examiners’ reports in order to agree the post exam material for publication.
- Review and agree syllabus content.
- Represent the Assessment Committee at meetings with tutorial organisations.
- Be prepared to attend other occasional assessment meetings, as appropriate.
The Senior Moderator at Advanced Level is responsible to the Assessment Committee and is expected to work with the exam teams to ensure the provision of a robust and reliable assessment system.
Applicants for the posts will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- membership of a recognised professional body
- a detailed understanding of the ACA qualification and the ICAEW operating environment
- able to retain the confidence of the Assessment Committee in relation to the integrity of the assessment process
- demonstrate capability of chairing a meeting of professional subject matter experts
- flexibility and responsiveness to identified needs
- attention to detail
- respect for the confidential nature of ICAEW’s examination process
- interest in developing modes of assessment
- availability in the period of time specified
Please note that Senior Moderators are not permitted to teach ICAEW students, if appointed.
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session. The work may include approximately three to four contact days per session as well as the time required for reviewing questions and papers, mark schemes, marking and report writing.
How to proceed
Please send your CV and a statement detailing:
- how you meet the person specification
- why you would be interested in becoming an ICAEW examiner.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Professional Level Financial Accounting and Reporting Moderator
Audit Senior - Charities and Not For Profit
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working)
53000 - 75000
Audit Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 65000