Banking Technical Accounting Advisory Manager
|Job Title:||Banking Technical Accounting Advisory Manager|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2021 09:14|
This Big 4 Banking Accounting Advisory team provides complex accounting advice to clients within the Banking and Financial Services sector such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting, securitisations and other structured transactions, derivatives, and deal accounting for mergers and acquisitions and group reorganisations. They also provide SME advice on the critical interactions between IFRS and PRA/EBA regulatory regimes.
This Big 4 accounting firm's Banking Accounting Advisory team in London delivers expert accounting advisory services, financial reporting and regulatory change projects to major Tier-1 global banks, challenger banks and building societies.
This Big 4 team provides a wide range of accounting advisory services including the following:
- Technical accounting support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, UK GAAP, FINREP, Pillar 3, Brexit, IBOR reform, and ESG reporting.
- Accounting advice on transactions and financial reporting such as on-call accounting advisory, design or review of accounting policy manuals and financial statements.
- Accounting advice with respect to securitisations and other structured transactions.
- Providing subject matter expertise support on multi-disciplinary finance transformation and deal advisory projects such as business structuring, group reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions. Accounting focus areas include IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 2, IFRS 3, IFRS 10 and the UK Companies Act requirements.
- Providing high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Providing valuable expert resources to clients to assist finance and reporting teams on the enhancement of financial reporting processes, implementation of complex finance changes or transactions requiring technical expertise.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage client opportunities, deliver live engagements, lead small teams and provide input into larger multi-disciplinary teams.
- Respond to clients' ongoing ad-hoc technical accounting queries.
- Analyse client transactions or structures and perform detailed technical accounting analysis, including writing formal accounting opinions where required, e.g. structured transactions or deal accounting. You will assist senior management of the team to deliver these services to clients on complex transactions.
- Provide clients with advice on technical accounting issues and broader impacts of new accounting standards and regulatory changes.
- Write and review client reports based on analytical exercises (e.g. review of clients' technical accounting decisions, stakeholder interview) to present findings and recommendations.
- Assist clients in their implementation programme for new accounting change or development and post-implementation review programme through delivering client workshops/training, direct assistance in performing the assessment and/or review of clients' assessment, review of technical accounting and risk interpretations prepared by clients e.g. IFRS 9. You will assist senior management of the team to deliver these services to clients.
- Take an active role in the identification of business development opportunities.
- Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 39 hedge accounting, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IFRS 13, IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 3, IFRS 10, IFRS 16, IFRS 15).
- Strong experience in the practical application of the above financial instrument accounting requirements within the Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Understanding of the Banking sector and UK and EU banking regulations and the critical interactions between IFRS and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Excellent salary and flexible benefits.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager, Accounting Advisory and Policy
West London, London
Tax Advisory Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Study support
Global Accounting Consulting Services - Senior Manager
Tax Assistant Manager - Corporate Tax Advisory - Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Corporate Tax Advisory Senior Manager / Associate Director