Banking sector, Audit Senior
|Job Title:||Banking sector, Audit Senior|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£45750 - £49000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2020 13:12|
As a Banking Audit Senior, you will take responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision.
This international accountancy firm's banking audit practice is one of the biggest outside of the Big Four. The team works with some of the biggest global banking institutions.
The Banking and Alternative Finance industry continues to witness rapid change. New challengers are entering the space, using use of innovative technology to change the whole customer experiences. This firm works with these new entrants to obtain full authorisation and develop their business. They also help established players become more robust as a result.
This role will suit an ambitious individual who is ready for a new challenge. You will take responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment, including statutory and CASS audits, for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identify risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
Engage with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Recent audit experience
- Experience with financial services clients desirable, but not essential.
- Qualified ACA / ICAS / ACCA or overseas equivalent
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
Excellent salary and benefits.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's