AVP - Real Estate Tax
|Job Title:||AVP - Real Estate Tax|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nicholas Hughes|
|Job Published:||February 02, 2021 14:51|
A global alternative investment management company are looking to recruit an AVP to join the Tax function supporting the wider Real Estate team. The Tax function has overall responsibility for overseeing all tax matters in relation to European Real Estate investments.
A wide and varied role that includes but is not limited to:
Structuring of new acquisitions
- Act as primary contact with the acquisition team in relation to all tax related issues
- Assist acquisition team with tax modelling for new transactions and sign-off on tax assumptions
- Oversee our tax advisors in relation to our acquisition structuring, ensuring that structures are set up in accordance with our transaction objectives, appropriately conceived and practical
- Review tax due diligence reports and identify key issues. Ensure such issues are captured in our pricing / modelling / SPA negotiations
- Discuss tax issues / structuring with lenders
Oversight of structure implementation
- Collaborate with Deal Execution team to ensure that tax structures are implemented as designed.
- Liaise with legal counsel in local jurisdictions and local offices / portfolio companies / JV partners to ensure that structuring is complied with.
- Participate in deal handover to Asset Management and highlight key structuring considerations
- Ensure that all portfolio companies and SPVs maintain compliance with all relevant local taxes
- Liaise with service providers to ensure that all returns are prepared on a timely basis
- Handle tax audits and oversee discussions with tax authorities in relation to historic issues
- Liaise with global tax team to ensure that information is collated to support all US tax filings and reporting.
Tax support for sales process
- Discuss exit options with Asset Management and review exit tax assumptions
- Liaise with advisors on preparation of any relevant tax documentation ahead of sales process
- Assist Asset Management with due diligence enquiries, discuss tax issues with potential buyers and support SPA negotiations.
- Act as main point of contact for our tax advisors and ensure value for money
- Keep up to date on latest tax developments and share knowledge with the wider team through tax updates and leading training sessions.
- Support finance team when required on other financial / accounting matters
- Assist investor and management reporting as required
- Other ad-hoc project work
Skills and Qualifications:
- A highly analytical finance professional motivated by a dynamic, high-standards environment
- A proactive self-starter who is able to drive the process, think on their feet and design and implement process improvement.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to details and an ability to work independently whilst managing competing priorities
- Reputation for excellence, achievement and a mindset for self-improvement and growth
- Extensive tax structuring and compliance experience a pre-requisite
- Experience in European cross border transactions is a significant advantage
- Relevant transactional experience is a significant advantage (Real Estate and/or Private Equity experience in the 'Big Four' firms)
- Degree qualified and Chartered Accountant/ACA (4+ years PQE)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are essential (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's