£65000 - £85000 per annum
17 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager to play a central role in this large accountancy firm's Audit Quality Assurance Review process and related activities as part of the Quality & Risk Management team. In the continually changing and strengthening audit regulatory environment, this is a role where the individual can have a real impact in improving the firm's audit quality.
International accountancy firm with impressive recent growth. London based role.
The individual will have exposure to people across the country at various levels of seniority. In the main, you will be dealing with audit RIs and reporting to senior management.
The AQAR process monitors the quality of audit work carried out across the firm, both as part of the firm's risk management and to comply with regulatory requirements. It is key element of the firm's quality control systems and, as such, is a direct contributor to improving quality within the firm. Quality is a key area of focus for the firm's Leadership and therefore the AQAR process will provide the individual with a high profile within the firm.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Partner, you will be involved in the following activities:
- Assisting with the ongoing development of the methodology of the monitoring process.
- Reviewing completed AQR in-scope audits and assessing the quality of work and compliance with external requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Discussion, with RIs and audit teams, of their work, with a view to agreeing actions to be taken to improve it.
- Carry out thematic reviews of particular topics identified by the firm's Audit Stream Executive, Technical Standards Group or the AQAR team.
- Draft and present reports to individual audit teams, office management & Technical Standards Group office representatives and to TSG for central action to improve the firm's policies and procedures.
- Reviews of audit work for other purposes, such as to support audit RI licensing and as part of the firm's litigation risk management.
- You will be expected to maintain an up to date knowledge of Auditing standards and an awareness of audit regulation.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience in audit, in managing an audit and audit-related projects, with exemplary technical skills regarding auditing standards and their practical application.
- A real interest in audit quality as well as an ability to communicate with partners and staff at all levels is required.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Have a real impact in improving the firm's audit quality.