Competitive London Salary
3 days ago
Carter Backer Winter LLP
You just can’t put your finger on it, can you?
You probably aren’t massively unhappy where you are, but you’re itching for a change, something new. . . it might be bigger clients, maybe some large complex groups, to feel a bit more looked after during the pandemic and for flexible working to continue! More defined career progression, a lively social bunch all motivating each other, better money (we know this matters too), or just to feel even more looked after and valued.
Picture this, you would be joining an ambitious top 50, 20 partner practice at a time when the audit team is growing, although there are 165 employees you get to become part of the 35 strong partner led audit team stepping into either a Semi Senior or Audit Senior role with defined career progression to Supervisor and beyond!
Because you have been working in audit for a couple of years, we don’t need to list your day to day duties when it comes to undertaking an audit. 80% of your job role is going to be audit focused, with the remainder of your time leaning towards preparing accounts to comply with UK GAAP and taxation.
You will be getting stuck into a variety of audits covering numerous sectors with turnovers ranging from £5-50million, and you will be building on your experience. Your experience is going to be well utilised within the team as they currently look after a number of complex groups are winning some big work thanks to recommendations and the international network.
For non-audit assignments you will be preparing statutory and non-statutory accounts for corporate clients, LLPs and sole traders, this will also include abbreviated company accounts, full company accounts and group accounts.
All team members are given a good level of responsibility from the start. Monitoring audits, working closely with clients communicating findings and using your experience to support the development of the junior team members who are studying towards their accounting qualifications.
The Nitty Gritty
We totally appreciate that joining a company during a pandemic isn’t going to be as straightforward as normal, but rest assured even before COVID-19 with our use of tech we were set up for homeworking and are ready to induct our newest team member remotely if needed!
To top it off, you get to work within an organisaiton that promotes both personal and professional development and supports wellness in the workplace. Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor) and visit the FAQ section on our careers page to see how we are continuing to support everyone through COVID-19.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Practice experience (approx 2 years) within an audit focused role, experience of working with group audits would go down really well with the team, but this isn’t essential
- Accounts & Tax experience - around 20% of your time will be spent preparing financial accounts and corporate tax computations for review. You will need to be technically up to date in these areas
- IT skills - in a world of automation you are no doubt comfortable working with a whole variety of systems including all the mastery that Excel is capable of. You would be working with ProAudit, Xero, CCH and SAGE and Viztopia here too
- Strong Technical skills - up to date knowledge of UK financial reporting standards
- Communication skills- not just the ability to delegate work, motivate your team, deliver feedback to Managers and Supervisors on job statuses and put professional emails together. We also need you to be able to listen, to any client concerns or queries as well as information from Managers, Directors and Partners
- Commercial acumen- what does this really mean? In this case, the ability to really add value to a client and spot cross selling opportunities
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
20 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice - Tick
Recognised for staff development - Tick
Flexible benefits package - Tick
Flexible working hours, including work from home (post pandemic) - Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down every day, beer fridge, foosball table etc) - Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.