Audit Senior - Public Sector
|Job Title:||Audit Senior - Public Sector|
|Salary:||Excellent + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Aimee Hall|
|Job Published:||November 29, 2019 13:49|
As an Audit Assistant Manager you will be managing some audits and also leading aspects of more complex and large audits. You will be working predominantly on public sector clients. You may be a technical specialist in one or more complex knowledge areas and may be requested to stand in for more senior managers from time to time.
Mazars and the public sector
The public sector is a strategic market for Mazars, which means that it is a priority area for our investment and growth. We provide audit, assurance and advisory services to local authorities, police and fire bodies, NHS organisations, central government bodies and NDPBs, social housing organisations, universities, colleges and schools.
The public services audit team works with local government, health and central government entities. The scale of our clients’ activities includes revenues that range from over £1.5 billion up to under £50m. For local government entities, Public Sector Audit Appointments commissions our work as external audit supplier.
• Assisting and advising the audit team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
• Showing vision, strategic perspective and focus on the achievement of longer term goals.
• Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
• Providing on the job training to assistants and seniors.
• Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
• Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time with the budget.
• Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision organising tasks and responsibilities.
• Reviewing the work of seniors and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage.
• Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Responding to the needs of clients and staff.
• Ensuring that clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
• Assisting with business development by working with audit colleagues in other Mazars offices and colleagues in other service lines.
• Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
• Qualified accountant – CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, CA (or equivalent) with some post qualification experience (essential)
• Experience of managing the delivery of external audit to public sector bodies under the NAO Code of Audit Practice or the Audit Commission Code (essential)
• Essential experience should include local government and NHS (including NHS foundation trusts).
• As the position involves client contact, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills required.
• A desire to help grow and develop the business and the team.
• Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
• Ability to identify issues thought sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction through verbal and written communication.
• Ability to develop self and others.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's