Competitive + Benefits
21 days ago
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 650 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise range from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
Our specialist public services team provides distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, education, housing and charities.
The Public Services team work with:
• Any public entity or entity concerned with providing governmental services.
• Any government body (local or central), NHS entity, not for profit entity education institution (other than for-profit), charity, housing associations, political company, chamber of commerce
• Lead the client service management team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
• Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete to work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
• Providing on the job training to team members where necessary
• Lead audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
• Lead on controlling time spent and monitoring actual time with the budget.
• Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision organising tasks and responsibilities.
• Acting as a point of contact for both partner/director and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
• Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
• Showing vision and strategic perspective focusing on the achievement of longer term goals.
• Responding to client needs within Ethical Standards.
• Ensuring clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
• Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
• Being proactive in undertaking business development activities, for example (but not limited to) networking, attending and speaking at seminars/conferences, writing articles for the public services blog, etc.
• Lead with business development by working with audit colleagues in other Mazars offices and colleagues in other service lines.
• Qualified accountant – CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, CA (or equivalent) with significant post qualification experience (essential)
• Experience of managing the delivery of external audit to public sector bodies under the NAO Code of Audit Practice or the Audit Commission Code (essential)
• Essential experience should include local government and NHS (including NHS foundation trusts)
• Significant public sector audit experience and knowledge of issues affecting the public sector;
• Holds excellent judgement including dealing with pressurised situations;
• Lead the development of new initiatives and proposes appropriate approaches to problems;
• Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensures team adherence to these;
• Ensure client expectations and issues are understood, developing collaborative relationships to identify solutions without compromising independence;
• Selects, analyses and presents information to enable effective decision making and effectively communication results;
• To act as a role model setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development;
• Promote the firm’s values, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.