Competitive + Benefits
17 days ago
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 650 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise range from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border support to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial market.
You will manage a portfolio of Financial Services sector clients and carry out work to a high technical standard in a commercially beneficial manner. You will lead a dedicated team, managing, organising and deploying staff on assignments as necessary.
• Provide external audit services to clients
• To develop and manage a portfolio of Financial Services clients
• To assist partners and directors in business development activities
• To control the financial aspects of a client portfolio; including budgeting, negotiating, billing and recovery.
• To effectively deploy staff on assignments.
• To promote the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
• To communicate team goals with clarity and set clear objectives for team members that are aligned to business plans and monitors and assesses performance, providing timely feedback and support as necessary.
• To effectively recruit, promote and develop talent within the team, ensuring equal opportunities and providing feedback.
• Maintains and applies an up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensures team adherence to these.
• To ensure client expectations and issues are understood, developing collaborative relationships.
• To ensure fees are collected in a timely manner, following up with clients as necessary.
• Selects, analyses and presents information to enable effective decision making and effectively communication results.
Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA or equivalent
Significant external audit experience
Experience conducting external audit within the Financial Services sector
Thorough understanding of IFRS and application to Financial Services audit engagements
Role model within the team setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
Communicates team goals with clarity, sets clear objectives for team members that are aligned to business plans and monitors and assesses performance, providing timely feedback and support as necessary.
Effectively develops talent within the team.
Maintains and applies an up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensures team adherence to these.