Audit Senior Manager
|Job Title:||Audit Senior Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jack Hughes|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2019 17:45|
Michael Page are currently partnering with a brilliant accountancy practice based just outside of Reading. This medium sized practice are seeking a Senior Manager to join them preferably from a Top 10 / Top 20 background who is seeking more autonomy and better work-life balance.
This business are very well regarded in the local area and have had a presence in the Thames Valley for a number of years. This full service practice are based in an idyllic location just outside of Reading.
* Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
* Responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients' businesses.
* Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
* Ensure assignments are staffed with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills required.
* Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
* Support Partners and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
* Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
* Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
* Will work as part of management team with other Audit Managers within the business group (e.g. resource planning, merit rate meetings and efficiency gains)
* Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
* Act as a role model for trainees and executives.
* ACA/ICAS qualified.
* Previous experience of managing people.
* Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
* Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
* Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
Excellent package and benefits