Audit Senior - Financial Services
|Job Title:||Audit Senior - Financial Services|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2019 13:41|
Financial Services Group
Our FS division is one of the largest teams outside the Big 4. We are the sixth largest provider of external audit services to the UK Insurance industry. The division also provides internal audit services to a number of major insurance companies and brokers; and we are a leading firm in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market.
We advise clients across the insurance industry, including insurance companies, syndicates and other Lloyd’s entities, mutual insurers, brokers and agents.
We provide external audit services to asset managers, private equity funds, corporate finance firms, and other FCA authorised businesses. We also provide internal audit services to the asset management sector.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As an audit senior you will work on a variety of audit assignments and this will involve:
Prior to the assignment:
- Attend pre-assignment discussions with the audit team.
- Assist the senior with the completion of the planning section.
- Understand the objectives of each assignment including the budget requirements.
During the assignment the senior will be expected to:
- Be responsible for allocating work to junior members of the audit team
- Provide on the job training to junior members of the firm, review their work and provide feedback
- Ensure that the work undertaken on site is in accordance with the approved plan and budget
- Advise the manager of any developments that may lead to a change in strategy
- Suggest logical solutions to problems
- Be responsible for a detailed assignment memorandum incorporating an appropriate analytical review
- Clear manager and partner review points and follow up any outstanding queries
- Respond to all client queries and concerns in an efficient and professional manner, often dealing directly with senior management
- Provide sound advice to clients and demonstrate knowledge of business issues; and
- Provide a detailed analysis of time charged on every assignment to facilitate billing and future planning
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- ACCA/ACA qualified
- External commercial auditing experience required, particularly in compliance with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Experience working in Financial Services is preferred but no essential
- Performance of statutory audits and half year review engagements in compliance with UK Auditing Standards from the planning process through to completion, reporting directly to manager and engagement partner
- Preparation of statutory financial reports in compliance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation of cash flow statements and consolidated financial statements
- Documentation and assessment of internal control procedures, including board report preparation
- Training, supervision and coordination of junior team members
- Experience of client liaison from the planning stage up to point of audit completion, identifying opportunities to provide added value
- Leadership skills, with the ability to command respect at all levels
- Ability to progress to manager level in a short period of time
- Strong technical skills
- Sound professional judgement
- Ability to take responsibility
- Commercial outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying work loads
- Decisive – can make correct decisions when under pressure
- Flexible in approach to work
- Report writing skills
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed
- Able to maintain and develop strong client relations
- Ability to encourage team spirit and improve the performance of junior staff by providing clear instructions, supporting and involving team members, monitoring individual performance and providing constructive feedback
- Excel – intermediate;
- Microsoft Word – intermediate;
- Access – basic; and
- PowerPoint – basic.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's