|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Salary:||Competitive salary + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Tracey Tivey|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2021 11:19|
You will be involved in all stages of the Audit from planning through to completion with responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the fieldwork stage & completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
This role also has the opportunity to undertake non-audit assignments including accounts preparation & VAT/Tax computations. You will be expected to develop strong client relations and be able to supervise and delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team.
• Take a lead on the audit process from planning through to completion ensuring an appropriate team is assigned on each assignment
• Undertake non-audit assignments, including accounts preparation and VAT/tax computations
• Prepare a job to meaningful & realistic budgets, liaising with Manager if there are any issues
• Assist in the collection of client fees as required
• Demonstrate good utilisation of relevant software
• Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in specialist area
• Demonstrate an awareness & some understanding of the clients business and manage each job to ensure client expectations and deadlines are met
• Assists in the development of others, particularly trainees through providing thoughtful feedback on jobs, offering coaching and support as necessary and supporting the Manager with useful, constructive feedback as appropriate
• Identifying other service needs of clients and potential cross-selling opportunities.
• Assist in preparation of proposals and business development with new clients
• Sharing best practice and ideas within the team for process improvement and development of each other.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with clients
• Effectively manages Partner and Manager expectations, communicating regularly on progress of jobs
• Remain informed about legislative, technical & regulatory changes and share knowledge amongst the team
• Perform other duties as required from time to time.
• ACA/ACCA qualified.
• Recent experience in an Audit capacity with a good level of technical knowledge of Audit & Accounting standards
• Previous experience of taking the lead on Audit’s and supervising/mentoring staff when out on jobs
• Knowledge of accounting systems and control environments within a finance function.
• Working knowledge of accounting software including Sage and Xero, previous use of CCH and caseware would be an advantage.
• Strong Excel skills (including vlookup, sumif and Pivot Tables).
• The role is not exclusively office based, therefore the ability to drive and access to your own transport to travel to client sites will be necessary.
• Demonstrates a professional presentation & work ethic at all times
• Ability to handle a small number of assignments at the same time in a controlled and timely manner.
• Ability to communicate and engage with clients in a professional manner to build effective client relations.
• General interest in business and the mechanics of what makes a business tick!
• Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills
• Can approach change with positivity and flexibility
• Participative team player that motivates others and willingly accepts tasks to assist others
• Accuracy and good attention to detail
• Engaging communication style & active listener
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Crawley, West Sussex
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Worthing, West Sussex
£30000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum