Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
29 days ago
Sopher + Co
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
We’re looking for an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior to provide exceptional auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients, as well as providing support to the development of less senior staff to ensure they have the relevant knowledge and that they are given appropriate training to progress. Other key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements and Sopher + Co standards
- Proactive identification of key risk areas in audit planning process including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs
- Preparation of audit planning memorandum, programmes and budget in a timely manner
- Solid understanding and performance of substantive and compliance testing and evaluation and resolution of errors
- Ensure all areas of responsibility on audit assignment are fully completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Solid management and co-ordination of the audit team in accordance with time and budget constraints
- Ensure accurate and efficient resolution of audit files with client/audit staff in a timely manner.
- Assist junior staff in developing their understanding of the various software packages, auditing, tax laws and statutory requirements
- Investigate and provide recommendations for audit review queries.
- Prepare management letters and closing reports in accordance with legislation and Sopher + Co standards
- Work closely with Management to develop ongoing effective relationships with clients and ensure retention of business
- Liaise with various providers and statutory authorities on behalf of clients
- Ensure all client work is completed within applicable reporting deadlines and client requests
- Maintain client files, documentation and client confidentiality policies in accordance with Sopher + Co standards
You’ll ideally have a solid understanding and experience with a diverse range of clients, be accustomed to documenting systems procedures for complex cycles, identifying key controls for testing and tailoring compliance testing procedures. Naturally, you’ll have the experience in identifying key risk areas in the audit planning process, including identifying audit and control risks and tailoring of audit programs. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Substantial accounting practice experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Solid proficiency of Microsoft suite packages, especially excel, Xero, Sage, CCH, Caseware
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at different levels
- Reliable, Autonomous with strong time management and attention to detail skills
- Commercially minded, high level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility and mutual trust.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.