|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Salary:||£35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Hermione Rowe|
|Job Published:||April 13, 2021 14:16|
Audit Senior position taking accountability for leadership of junior members and reporting into Audit Manager.
Mercer & Hole have been helping clients since 1905, which is a testament to their long-standing reputation. However, their real focus is on the future, both for their client's businesses and for creating wealth for the next generation. They are placed in the UK market as a top 40 accountancy firm, one of the top accountancy firms for private client and as a top financial planning company. They are proud to recognised as an independent UK firm with international reach.
* This is a split role working on 80% audits and 20% accounts
* Planning, supervising and carrying out audits with turnovers up to £250 million, including specialist audits e.g. FSA, pensions, solicitors, charities and schools. Jobs to be completed with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
* Supervision and assisting junior staff with technical accounting and auditing problems
* Preparation of draft corporation tax computations
* Preparation of draft statutory accounts and consolidated accounts under FRS102 from client's draft figures.
* Drafting recommendations to management following audit fieldwork completion.
* Preparing responses for group reporting for clients where we are the component auditor.
* Larger accounts preparation jobs for audit exempt limited companies, partnerships, LLPs
- Ideally ACA or ACCA qualified (degree not essential) or sitting finals imminently.
- Must have the necessary skills/experience at a senior and qualified level to meet the requirements of the role above.
- At least 2.5 years' experience in a practice of similar size to Mercer and Hole or larger having had audit experience throughout their career to date.
- Use of computer packages including Proaudit, CCH Accounts Production (AP), Sage, Quick Books, Xero, Alphatax and Microsoft office would be desirable. Laptop is provided
- Practical work experience of producing and reviewing accounts.
- Up to date working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
- Knowledge and experience of producing both corporate and personal tax returns
- Be able to multi-task and prioritise your work
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
Audit Senior role will be offered a Competitive salary with additional benefits including:
- 28 days holiday
- Life Assurance 4x
- 37.5 hours Monday - Friday 0900-1730 with flexi hours
- Opportunity to be part of fantastic company culture
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's