12 days ago
Fantastic opportunity to progress your Audit career at a top 10 firm. Join a collaborative and unified team offering technical development.
As an Audit Senior, you will be joining a very well established, reputable accountancy firm with a progressive, professional and expert team of accounting professionals. They offer a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base. They also offer a lot of technical development and progression; they look to invest in and mentor their employees to reach their full potential.
The key responsibilities for this Audit Senior position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day-to-day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments whilst ensuring audit files have appropriate and sufficient documentation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service.
- Supervising a small team.
- Coach and train junior staff.
- Some assignments may require travel.
- Ability to project manage to meet deadlines and budget constraints.
- You will prepare statutory financial statements from client data and highlight high-level risk areas or matters of concern to the Partner/Manager whilst using a significant degree of your own judgement.
- As your responsibilities continue to develop you will be planning the execution and finalisation of the audit assignments for Partner/Manager review.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Audit Senior role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- Technically capable in audit and financial reporting.
- ACCA/ACA equivalent professional qualification or several years of experience (minimum 3 years.)
- Some IFRS experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of FRS 102 and new UK GAAP.
- Knowledge of group accounts desirable.
- Broad range audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions.
- Strong team-working skills.
- Experience of supervising and developing staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to take responsibility and use initiative.
Competitive base salary
Holidays 25 plus bank holidays
Quarterly salary review