|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £36950.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Omar Haider|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2020 16:26|
Top 10 accountancy firm in Leeds Paying up to £36,950 for Audit Senior to work as a key part of an audit team
Your new company
Audit Senior required to join a top 10 accountancy firm in the heart of Leeds. As a key part of the audit team, you will be assisting the partners with delivering and ensuring all audits are completed to a high quality. You will interact directly with key personnel from our established and new client base. You would also work closely with the partners as well as managers.
Your new role
Responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the manager in the project management of audits
* Takes responsibility Assists in for the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
* Spending a predominant amount of your time off-site with clients in Yorkshire and the North East but some work will be outside of this area.
* Identifying risks and raising them with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
* Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating and agreeing client needs and potential solutions with managers.
* Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
* Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
* Supervising, coaching and developing junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
* Ensuring compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
* Educated up to degree level.
* Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on and off site.
* Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
* Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
* Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
* Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
What you'll get in return
* Assist in ad hoc non-audit assignments
* Assist in research for tender opportunities or help prepare tender documents
* Assist in the deliverance of material at department meetings, training and student recruitment
* Participation in Corporate Social Responsibility activities
* Become a "Champion" for stream specific roles relating to IT, software, training, or office roles such as Wellbeing and award panels
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's