Competitive + Benefits
16 days ago
To deliver professional services of the highest standard, through the supervision and organisation of staff and the performance of audit services to all clients across a range of industry sectors. Turnover typically is in the range £10m - £25m. Assignments are likely to include a certain amount of ad hoc work on acquisition due diligence and control documentation and assessment assignments. Work should be performed with limited supervision.
- Full responsibility for all aspects of planning including budgeting resourcing, coordinating manager and partner, +Vantage, (Mazars audit software), client meetings and visits.
- Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
- Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to other seniors and assistants.
- Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
- Produce the Client Audit Plan to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client.
- Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
- Organise, prepare agenda for and chair team meeting and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team.
- here appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
- Reviews the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
- Ensures work of assistants has been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
- Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
- Be aware of developments concerning client’s affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
- Ensure completion of Financial Statements and closedown of audit files.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Pro-actively identifies client need and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Begins to develop a network of client contacts.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise.
- Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Demonstrates commitment to self development.
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or part qualified.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
WE OPEN DOORS!
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 1,700 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.