|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Elizabeth Owens|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2020 17:05|
Job Title: Audit Senior
Ref: South 669
As an Audit Senior at our Birmingham office you will provide on-site support for our audit and accounts clients to include planning, day to day control of the audit team workload and liaising with clients.
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Audit Senior at our Birmingham office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading audits both in but primarily out of the office using an automated audit system
- To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- To delegate and review work of other team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with client queries
- To attend client meetings
- Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
- To assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, where necessary
- To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
- Attendance at marketing events
As an Audit Senior at our Birmingham office, the required skills and qualifications include:
- Technically capable in audit and financial reporting.
- Strong team working skills with demonstratable experience in supporting development of peers.
- ACCA/ACA or equivalent professional qualification.
- Up to date knowledge of FRS 102 and International Standards on Auditing.
- Broad range of audit experience including planning, assessing risk, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering solutions.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's