|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2020 09:04|
Qualified audit senior job with Top 10 firm in Ipswich. Excellent progression.
Hays are recruiting an Audit Senior for a Top 10 firm in Ipswich.
As an Audit Senior you will work as part of an audit team and take responsibility for running onsite audits, working directly with the client finance team under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the on-site audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager and partner review, seeking input for areas of judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent at clients' premises.
- Identifies risks and raises with a manager and/or partner on a timely basis, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Assists in preparation of audit committee reports and reporting to those charged with governance
- Active engagement with senior client staff to obtain a good understanding of their business and control environment and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Proactive project management and taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget. When the actual differs from the budget gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office. Providing timely, constructive feedback.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Assisting with IFRS and FRS101/102 conversion projects.
- Qualified ACA/ICAS
- Educated up to degree level or A level equivalent if qualified through school leaver route.
- Experience in supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements gained within a UK audit practice.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience of project management and multi-tasking
- Good organisational skills
- Sector experience.
- Experience with listed and/or private equity clients.
- Experience in auditing international groups and fulfilling group reporting requirements.
- USGAAP/GAAS reporting experience
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays on 01603 760141
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's