10 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified ACA or ACCA individual to join a motivated, professional and client focussed team in a thriving office where career progression and development is on personal merit.
Completion of audit and accounts preparation assignments, ensuring compliance with accounting and auditing standards and regulations, reporting to audit and accounts managers.
A general up to date knowledge of taxation would be an advantage.
A mixed client base firmly grounded in the owner managed business sector spread across a variety of trading companies, solicitors and not for profit organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system (CCH Audit Automation)
- Preparation/editing of financial statements using accounts production software
- To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- To delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with client queries
- To attend client meetings
- Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
- To assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, where necessary
- To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
- Attendance at marketing events
- Identifying opportunities to advise clients
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified at ACA or ACCA
- Previous experience in practice
- Excellent FRS102 knowledge is essential.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Experience of completing audit and accounts work for a variety of business entities
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Proficient in the use of using a computerised audit systems
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Adaptable, personable, able to show initiative
- Able to organise, motivate and encourage team
- Ability to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure these are managed effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Driver with access to a car
To be considered for this role please apply direct. We will not be considering agency CVs at this time.