|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 16:55|
Menzies LLP is currently looking for passionate & talented individuals who not only align with but also live & breathe our Menzies 'BRIGHT' values to join our growing & dynamic firm. We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new Audit Senior. This is a key position based out of the Solent office and forms part of the wider Audit service we offer our clients.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate planning at clients including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our values!
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Minimum 3 years experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice.
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from fieldwork to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing.
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across|
Although not essential, the following knowledge and experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of Caseware software system.
- Experience of preparing accounts under IFRS.
- Experience of preparing Group accounts.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit Senior then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's