|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Contact Name:||Hayley Forsyth|
|Job Published:||August 12, 2019 10:36|
Why Johnston Carmichael?
As the largest independent accountancy firm in Scotland, with 12 offices across Scotland employing over 750 staff, we have a clear vision for progression and an open culture in which our team are actively encouraged to play an important part in our growth story.
As a member of the PKF International network, we are a part of a family of legally independent firms with over 400 offices, operating in 150 countries.
At Johnston Carmichael, we stand out from the crowd by offering you the Best of Both worlds:
- We’ll help you progress your career, support your personal development AND encourage you to enjoy a good/work life balance.
- You’ll be part of Scotland’s largest accountancy firm AND one which is a valued member of local communities across the country.
- As well as financial reward, you’ll enjoy the huge variety of client experience which life at Johnston Carmichael offers.
We work with a broad range of corporate, third sector and other organisation types across fourteen industry sectors in Scotland.
To be responsible for controlling the day to day Audit work; flag up issues and concerns to the Audit Manager at an early stage; train Audit Assistants as needed; ensure deadlines and budgets are met and the Audit file is presented for review as a substantially complete file, finished to a good standard and signed off.
You will work closely with the Audit Manager and Audit Assistants, working with clients across a range of industry sectors to ensure the Audit work is handled efficiently and effectively from start to finish and is done in accordance with the Firm’s Audit Policy and other relevant policies and processes.
The Audit Senior/Supervisor will be responsible for (but not limited to):
• Completing the Audit planning documentation.
• Arranging the timing of the Audit work with the Audit Manager responsible for the client.
• Planning, scheduling and delegating work to Audit Assistants, as available, ensuring the most complex work is completed as soon as practical; the Audit Assistants are supported as necessary to complete their work to the standard required; work expected from the client which is incomplete is passed back to the client and is noted for the Audit Manager’s attention; and the Audit work is completed on time and to a high standard.
• Briefing, training and debriefing Audit Assistants, giving formal feedback as required.
• Liaising with client staff while on the client’s premises, building effective relationships with client’s staff.
• Monitoring budgeted versus actual time spent, flagging up scope issues, on-site issues and overruns to the Audit Manager on a timely basis.
• Keeping the client’s staff informed of progress and issues while maintaining confidentiality.
• Auditing the draft tax computation and tax provisions with supporting schedules and liaising with the tax staff to get these reviewed as required.
• Preparing the draft financial statements to a reasonable standard, free from quality control issues.
• CA qualified or equivalent
• Practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of Audit files, financial statements and audit working papers. Full training will be given on all software packages.
The successful candidate will also have good organisational skills and be pro-active in their approach to their work.
We have 12 offices across Scotland (with current Audit positions available in Aberdeen, Elgin, Inverness, Glasgow and Edinburgh) and would consider supporting with relocation expenses
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's