|Job Title:||Audit Senior|
|Contact Name:||Trishna Parmar|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 15:34|
The Audit Seniors will be based in one of the named BDO offices (see below) and work as part of an audit team, or take responsibility for running the audit; working directly with the clients under manager supervision. The Audit Seniors will manage the audit teams and supervise the audit processes to ensure our audits are of high quality.
Audit Seniors to be based in one of the following offices:
The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
We are recruiting Audit Seniors for the following sectors:
Not for Profit, Risk Advisory Services, Public Sector, Manufacturing, Financial Services, IT Audit, Real Estate, Professional Services, Consumer Markets, Technology Media, Natural Resourcing and Energy
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Sector experience.
- Experience with listed clients.
- Experience auditing international groups.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's