Audit Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Audit Semi Senior|
|Salary:||Competitive salary and excellent benefits.|
|Contact Name:||Paola Osorio-Rojas|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2021 10:41|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
We are looking for an Audit Semi-Senior to join our growing Audit and Accounts team in our Borehamwood office. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts preparation for Limited companies and partnerships
- Assist in Audit assignments
- Ensure compliance with external (regulatory) and internal (audit methodology and risk management) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, providing initial solutions to client challenges and then communicating these needs and solutions to Audit Seniors/Managers as and when required
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Analysis of accounting data from client's books and records
- Work closely with Management to develop ongoing effective relationships with clients, and ensure the retention of business
- Liaise with various providers and statutory authorities on behalf of clients, under instruction and supervision
- Address client issues by researching as appropriate
- Ensure clients are made aware of their compliance obligations in writing, where necessary
- Ensure all client work is completed within applicable reporting deadlines and client requests
- Maintain client files, documentation and confidentiality in accordance with Sopher & Co standards
- Ensure all jobs are completed within specific budgets, keeping Manager informed at all times of progress of job
- Ensure WIP levels are kept within set budgets and advise Manager of potential budget over runs
- Ensure productivity level meets or exceeds budget expectation
- Assist junior staff in developing their understanding of the various software packages, auditing, tax laws and statutory requirements
- Keep abreast of developments in audit, accounting, taxation and relevant computer software
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
You will be at least ACCA/ACA part qualified with intermediate experience of working within a practice accountancy firm with a focus on audit. Strong communication and interpersonal skills between clients, management and staff are essential to progress. You will also have/be:
- Ideally hold a relevant degree
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously with strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer operational skills MS office, particularly Excel (essential)
- Ideally have worked with Sage Line 50, Xero, CCH and Caseware
- An effective team member, proactive and motivated
- Commercially minded, high level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility and mutual trust.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Semi Senior
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Audit Semi Senior
£25000.00 - £37000.00 per annum + study support
Accounts Semi Senior
£20000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Semi Senior Private Client Tax
City of London, London
£30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + plus super competitive benefits
Hale, Greater Manchester
£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum