about 14 hours ago
DTE Business Advisers
DTE Business Advisers Limited are looking to recruit a semi senior to join a well established, busy and expanding audit and accounts department at its Bury office.
We are one of the largest independent firms of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers in the North West of England, and the largest in Bury. We offer a wide range of services including but not limited to auditing, accounting and tax advice to a diverse range of clients across Bury, Manchester, Bolton, Rochdale and the rest of the North West region, as well as nationwide.
DTE offers a friendly and supportive culture. Training to be ACA, ACCA or AAT qualified, your role will be to deal with/assist on a varied portfolio of clients. You will have a strong accounts preparation background, and the ability to communicate well. Some audit experience would be beneficial, although not essential.
- prepare accounts from both trial balance and books and records, for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- work with owner managed businesses, as well as subsidiaries of large groups
- carry out audit work onsite at clients' premises
- prepare corporation tax computations for review
- assist with the preparation of VAT returns
- liaise with the manager and the client to carry out assignments
- be aware of job budgets
- complete assignments for manager and partner review
The successful candidate will ideally also:
- have the ability to work as part of a team
- be IT literate, including Microsoft products (Sage and Iris knowledge an advantage)
- have some practical knowledge of corporate and personal tax
- have the ability to work using your own initiative and to be able to work under pressure from time to time to meet deadlines
- have a full driving licence
The company offers great opportunities for career progression and full study support is provided.