Audit & Accounts Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Audit & Accounts Semi Senior|
|Salary:||£Competitive package with excellent benefits and continued career progression|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2020 11:16|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats.
Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media & entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understand and full support.
We are looking for a Semi Senior to join our growing Audit and Accounts team in our Borehamwood office. This is a busy and varied role and would suit a Part-Qualified or a Finalist who is keen to progress their career further.
The role is split approximately 70% on audit and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accounts preparation for Limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with external (regulatory) and internal (audit methodology and risk management) requirements
- Identify and understand client’s needs, providing initial solutions to client challenges and subsequently executing those
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Analysis of accounting data from client's books and records
- Leading Audit assignments
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings to assess client needs
- Helping with client queries
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at client’s premises covering any of the above areas
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will be at least ACCA/ACA part qualified with intermediate experience of working within a practice accountancy firm. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to progress into a client facing role. You will also have/be:
- Ideally hold a relevant degree
- Previous experience in a similar role with a focus on audit
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally have worked with Sage, QuickBooks or similar accounting packages
- The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility and mutual trust.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Semi Senior
£20000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Audit and accounts senior
30000 - 35000
Accounts & Audit Senior
24000 - 50000
Audit & Accounts Senior
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Part Qualified Accounts Semi Senior - Practice
£22000 - £28000 per annum