10 days ago
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia, and North America.
As part of our overall commitment to training and development we are accredited as an Approved Training Employer (ATE) with the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) and would anticipate that a successful candidate would have commenced a program to train as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) or completed the qualification.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Support the Internal Audit function in providing advice and influencing change at a senior level to improve Marex corporate governance, risk management practice and internal control environment.
- Through the Head of Internal Audit and Deputy provides assurance to the Board, on the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the Marex internal control environment.
- Support the delivery of the corporate priorities of Marex, as set out in the business plan. Increase internal and external confidence in the Marex business and brand.
- Provide value for money and other consultancy services as required.
- Carry out business audit aspects of the internal audit function across Group where required, providing effective governance within the three lines of defence framework.
- Implement and reviews business and risk management process and the effectiveness of the internal control environment, recommends and promotes improvements.
- Promote internal audit and Marex in general to the wider community through direct contact and external and internal interactions.
- Would be working towards the goals and objectives set out in this job description.
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- Has knowledge of Excel and an interest in data analytics.
- All staff in the Internal Audit Department also study for membership of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI), which provides a sound foundation to the industry.
- The Audit team is primarily based in the City of London and consists of eight individuals (Group Head, Deputy Head, 1x Senior Manager, 2x Audit Managers, 1x Audit Assistant Manager and 2x ICAEW Students). However, this team has recently expanded with an additional 1x Audit Manager and 1x Audit Assistant Manager based in Chicago. Additional assistance is sought from Mazars LLP who are our co-source partners.
- Contribute to the professional development of the internal audit function of Marex.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of the internal control framework within Marex and advise and influence management to take steps to increase the effectiveness of risk mitigation.
- Support the Internal Audit team to create, develop and implement a three-year strategic internal audit plan for reviewing key risks across all Marex business units.
- Assist the Internal Audit team in the delivery of the annual Audit plan.
- Contribute to the development of Marex standards and procedures, reviewing the effectiveness of internal assurance functions within Marex.
- Support audit management advise and influence senior management within Marex to take appropriate steps to strengthen the governance, risk management and the internal control environment.
- Maintain contact and interaction with external parties and organisations who may contribute to the mission of Marex and the internal audit function.
- Support the Internal Audit Manager to promote and develop the use of Internal Audit analytics
- Operate and keep updated the electronic work paper and risk assessment tool for the Marex internal audit function.
- Obtain, develop, and maintain professional qualifications appropriate to the Internal Audit function of Marex.
- Carrying out office management activities as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an Audit practitioner in a complex financial services organisation(s) or Practice firm preferably with exposure to broking and commodities.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and audits of a wide variety of complex financial systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of modern internal audit concepts and standards and their application to the financial services market.
- Exposure to creating, developing, and implementing audit strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Exposure to internal audit or Compliance functions to provide a professional service.
- Experience in managing relationships and influencing change at a senior level.
- Proficient in information technology skills and carrying out audits of general IT controls.
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for working in financial markets.
- Experience of conducting Integrated reviews with IT and standalone business audits.
- Interest in working internationally and willingness to travel (US, Singapore, HK, Canada)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree - Essential
- ACA Qualification or Part ACA Qualified (Professional Level Complete) – Essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of risk management and the ability to communicate same
- Understanding and commitment to diversity and equalities in the workplace.