Audit Manager/Senior Manager, Business Services
|Job Title:||Audit Manager/Senior Manager, Business Services|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2019 10:07|
Overview of Firm
PKF Littlejohn LLP is an independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based in Canary Wharf. With in-depth expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, we work for clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
Our independent status means we offer clients a high level of partner involvement, together with the combined knowledge and experience of an established, close-knit team.
At PKF Littlejohn LLP, every individual matters. You’re more visible, more accountable and more fundamental to our success. If you’re successful you’ll enjoy challenging work in an environment, which encourages personal success. We deliberately seek to recruit individuals who have combined academic excellence with direct experience in business life.
Business Services division
‘Variety' best describes the work of this division. You could be involved in the audit of any organisation from a listed company to working with owner-managed businesses. Sole traders and partnerships don't always have the accounting infrastructure of larger companies, so they rely on us for day-to-day financial advice. Our clients include natural resource companies, tech companies, professional practices and retailers.
Your work could range from conducting audits at clients' premises to preparing management or statutory accounts.
With every audit, you'll gain a deeper insight into each stage of the process, and a broader view of the businesses we work for. As your experience grows, so will your opportunities.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will manage an allocated client portfolio of commercial clients, which will involve:
- Efficiently managing your time to ensure your client portfolio is properly serviced and work is completed in a timely manner;
- Identifying business opportunities from existing clients and supporting initiatives to develop new business opportunities including attending and organising network events;
- Managing all stages of the audit and advising the partner on audit opinion;
- Anticipating significant accounting issues based on experience and knowledge of other companies; being proactive in recommending solutions to these issues;
- Advising clients on all financial reporting issues with reference to other specialists where necessary;
- Managing audit teams and reviewing their work; and
- Responsibility for on the job training of more junior staff as required
Project Work/Special Work
In addition to managing a portfolio of audit clients, you may be asked, from time to time, to deal with project work/special work which arises such as:
- Reporting accountant work on IPO’s;
- Due Diligence;
- Litigation Support; and
- Fraud Investigation.
You will assist with the running of the Group by working with the management team to ensure that staff resources are best used to service the clients in the department. This will involve the following:
- Acting as a mentor for a group of trainees;
- Appraising your group of trainees;
- Active involvement in the development of audit staff;
- Contributing to the running of the Group;
- Assisting in the motivation of staff;
- Staff recruitment - conducting interviews with a partner; and
- Assisting with marketing activity.
Skills and Qualifications
- Accountancy training - audit based;
- ACCA or ACA, or equivalent, qualified;
- Detailed working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and FRS 102 preferred, but candidates with only UK GAAP experience will also be considered.
- Proven skills in managing a portfolio of clients; and
- Substantial external commercial auditing experience with at least 2-3 years post qualification experience
- Leadership skills, with the ability to command respect at all levels; * Proactive; * Sound professional judgement; * Ability to take responsibility; * Commercial outlook; * Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines; * Analytical and problem-solving skills; * Decisive – can make correct decisions when under pressure; * Flexible in approach to work; * Report writing skills; * Able to maintain and develop strong client relations; and * Ability to encourage team spirit and improve the performance of junior staff by providing clear instructions, supporting and involving team members, monitoring individual performance and providing constructive feedback
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's