Audit Manager - Public Sector
|Job Title:||Audit Manager - Public Sector|
|Salary:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Aimee Hall|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2021 11:51|
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 750 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients on a daily basis. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, public sector bodies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping the future of audit.
Our specialist public services team provides distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, education, housing and charities.
The Public Services team work with:
- Any public entity or entity concerned with providing government services.
- Any government body (local or central), NHS body, or education institutions,
- Charites and housing associations
As an Audit Manager, you will support the Partners to develop and build the audit team and client offering. You will work closely with clients and be committed to providing an exceptional audit service.
Role & Responsibilities
- Developing the audit strategies and client delivery plans for a portfolio of clients.
- Technical expert for audit assignments, providing advice to audit teams and clients.
- Managing audit teams, ensuring the teams deliver in a timely manner within budget.
- Managing audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Controlling time spent and monitoring actual time within budget.
- People management – including coaching, feedback, performance management, training and development, engaging high performing teams.
- Maintains control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team.
- Drafts the audit opinions and other reports for the Partner, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Ensuring clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams.
- Acts as a point of contact for client's senior management.
- Building strong working relationships with clients.
- Show vision and strategic perspective.
- Delivering confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients.
- Ensures audit services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA /ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Holds significant experience of leading external audits managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams.
- Prior experience of working as an experienced Audit Assistant Manager or Manager level in the public sector.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Relevant public services sector audit experience.
- Up to date technical knowledge of IFRS and the Local Authority Code of Accounting Practice.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching an audit team.
- Experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience of identifying issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Develops a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Public Sector Internal Audit Seniors / Managers
£46000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits
Audit Manager/Senior Audit Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£52000.00 - £66000.00 per annum
£Competitive plus Excellent Benefits