Audit Manager - Pensions
|Job Title:||Audit Manager - Pensions|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steven O'Connell|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 17:29|
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity for an Audit Manager to join this public sector body with headquarters based in Central London.
Your new role
Our Audit Managers in our Pensions centre of expertise is home to an audit portfolio consisting of a number of centrally administered unfunded pension schemes (such as the NHS, Teachers and Civil Service schemes) with total liabilities in 2017-2018 of some £1.3 trillion. The portfolio also includes pensions-related bodies sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions (such as the Pensions Protection Fund). In addition to this audit portfolio, the Pensions centre of expertise leads on developing the audit practice for the broader portfolio across the office, which includes around fifty entities that recognise defined benefit pensions obligations. The centre is helping drive audit quality and consistency in this respect and the Audit Manager will be a senior member of the team contributing to the development of the practice and supporting teams across the office, sharing their expertise.
Working in a Centre of Expertise providing assurance over complex transactions and balances across the public sector.
- Auditing Shared Service or complex environments.
- Contribute to the delivery of a financial audit work.
- Make a real contribution to the development of audit practice, particularly in pensions, audit and expertise.
What you'll need to succeed
- CCAB qualified
- Track record of delivering high quality financial audit work with specific experience in pension scheme audits and excellent technical audit judgments gained in a highly professional external audit environment
- Strong client and external stakeholder management skills to secure influence, impact and to add value
- Excellent people and team management skills to motivate, develop and maximise performance
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to engage well with a diverse range of people in an inclusive way to deliver a team effort
- Track record of driving and supporting positive change in how audits are delivered and in the wider organisation
- Ability to communicate complex points clearly and concisely in writing and orally
What you'll get in return
- A very competitive salary up to £80,200 p.a. (London)
- 35 days leave per year (including public holidays)
- They offer membership of an excellent civil service pension scheme, the Alpha Pension Scheme which is a defined benefit, career average scheme. Whilst they are not part of the civil service they can offer this excellent benefit
- Along with work that just means more, you will benefit from a sociable, collaborative working culture, working with other highly professional people committed to making a real difference as part of a high performing organisation with an ambitious strategy
- They provide excellent learning and development opportunities combining formal training on a wide range of analytical methods, as well as management and leadership skills
- Modern open plan offices, centrally located in London and Newcastle and equipped with a range of excellent on-site facilities
- Excellent on-site gym at the London Office
- Access to a wide variety of social activities, from quizzes to sporting events, coordinated by the NAO Sports and Social Association.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Internal Audit Manager
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent benefits package
£50000.00 - £59774 per annum
£50000.00 - £59774 per annum
City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits