48000 - 65000
25 days ago
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the role
As part of our wider commercial team, our Not For Profit audit team work with some leading charities, well known educational and art institutions, museums and more. Here are some things you can expect from this audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Own your own work. You will lead onsite audit teams, ensuring that you continually motivate colleagues and promote best practice. You will take part in the production and presentation of proposals for new work.
- You will prepare and review financial statements and keep management updated on progress.
- Be a part of a team. You will manage junior members of the team to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and are receiving excellent on-the-job training.
- You'll check that audit work papers been properly reviewed and that work is completed to budget and timetable
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion.
- You will highlight key matters which arise during audit which were not identified at the planning stage and ensure they are properly assessed and dealt with.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA
- Experience of leading audits of varying sizes across the charity, social housing and education sectors
- Experience of leading audits of varying sizes across a range of industries
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.