Audit Manager - Not For Profit
|Job Title:||Audit Manager - Not For Profit|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 17:35|
We are looking for an ambitious Audit Manager with a passion for the Not for Profit sector to join our team. The role will involve working with a variety of charities and other not for profit organisations within the sector, from Schools, small and large charities, grant makers, membership organisations, religious orders and health charities. The role would be challenging but varied with the potential for provision of wider assurance services to clients. This is a key position based out of the London office.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of client portfolio focusing on Charities and Not for Profit organisations
- Effective process management of statutory audits (80%); independent examinations (10%); accounts preparation (10%);
- Overall business advisory and attendance at client and trustee meetings.
- Planning, reviewing and managing audits with experience in the Not For Profit sector.
- Review of statutory accounts prepared under FRS102 and Charities SORP.
- Completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Confidence at tender pitches and presentations
- Marketing, including prospect follow ups, organising and attending local events, and opportunity to be involved in sector specific marketing.
- Liaise with overseas auditors and advisors.
- Trainee people management & development: holding regular meetings and assisting with objective setting and personal development.
- Manage WIP, monthly billing and debtors.
- ACA or ACCA qualified (degree not essential).
- Experience in an Accountancy Practice (Top 50).
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
- Strong knowledge and experience of charity accounting and regulation, particularly audits under the Charity SORP and trustee advice
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Knowledge of caseware would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience of substantive auditing, statutory accounts and disclosures relevant to charities and not for profit organisations
- Experience of managing a mixed portfolio of audit clients
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's