Audit Manager - Insurance Intermediaries
|Job Title:||Audit Manager - Insurance Intermediaries|
|Contact Name:||Human Resources|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2019 13:41|
Financial Services Division
The Financial Services Division is focused on the London insurance market, involving a significant amount of statutory audit work in the insurance intermediary sector including Lloyd’s and non-Lloyd’s insurance brokers, Managing General Agents, Lloyd’s syndicates, capital providers, agency groups and insurance companies. Coupled with the wealth of special assignments we are involved in, including corporate finance reporting, litigation support, due diligence investigations and internal audit reviews, working in the Financial Services Division will provide you with a diverse range of experience, a busy timetable and high degree of responsibility.
What skills will you need to be effective in this role?
- To become recognised as being an expert in the insurance intermediary sector covering statutory audit, client asset assurance reports (CASS 5) and other special assignments;
- Assist in winning new business through excellent management of existing clients, but also by identifying new business opportunities both in audit and outside of audit;
- Help the Group maintain its position as a recognised centre of excellence for the insurance intermediary sector in audit and non-audit work;
- To take charge of the planning, on-site running and completion of a portfolio of assignments; and
- Be passionate about a career within practice and the insurance intermediary sector.
You will manage an allocated client portfolio, this will involve:
- Efficiently managing your time to ensure your client portfolio is properly serviced and work is completed in a timely manner;
- Identifying business opportunities from existing clients and supporting initiatives to develop new business opportunities;
- Managing all stages of the audit and advising the partner on the audit opinion;
- Anticipating significant accounting issues based on experience and knowledge of other companies; being proactive in recommending solutions to these issues;
- Advising clients on all financial reporting issues with reference to other specialists where necessary;
- Managing audit teams and reviewing their work;
- Responsibility for on the job training as required; and
- Ensuring compliance with internal (methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
Project Work/Special Work
In addition to managing a portfolio of audit clients, you may also deal with project work/special work which arises on your clients and may be involved in additional project work/special work for other clients.
Example projects have included:
- Assisting with any PRA or FCA investigation, including any Section 166 reviews;
- Visiting brokers on behalf of insurers to review systems and controls exercised over business forwarded to the insurer;
- Share valuation models for management buyout purposes;
- Arranging and negotiating acquisitions on behalf of clients; and
- Assisting in special assignments in areas such as corporate finance, investigatory, regulatory compliance or strategic planning.
You will assist with the running of the FS Division by working with the management team to ensure that the staff resources are best used to service the clients in the Division. This will involve the following:
- Acting as a mentor for a group of trainees;
- Appraising your group of trainees;
- Active involvement in the development of audit staff;
- Contributing to staff briefing meetings to advise staff of firm developments;
- Assisting in the motivation of staff;
- Imparting experience and knowledge to junior members of the Division to aid their learning; and
- Staff recruitment – conducting second interviews with a partner.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Proven auditing skills in the Insurance Sector, particularly in respect of insurance intermediaries, including client asset assurance reviews under CASS 5;
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel;
- Proven technical skills, leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively; and
- Proven engagement managerial skills.
- Leadership skills, with the ability to command respect at all levels;
- Strong technical skills;
- Sound professional judgement;
- Ability to take responsibility;
- Commercial outlook;
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Able to cope with the pressure of high and varying workloads;
- Decisive – can make correct decisions when under pressure;
- Flexible in approach to work;
- Report writing skills;
- Able to communicate effectively and keep others informed;
- Able to maintain and develop strong client relations;
- Ability to delegate to the appropriate levels within the team; and
- Ability to encourage team spirit and improve the performance of junior staff by providing clear instructions, supporting and involving team members, monitoring individual performance and providing constructive feedback.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's